Jun 27, 2016

Spinach salad with roasted donut peaches, goat cheese and pine nuts (gf)


So here it is - my very first non-dessert post! I thought this kind of recipe would be nice from time to time. Maybe I just love food too much and writing about sweets alone keeps me unsatisfied! I hope this sweet-and-sour plate of greens will be just right for your summer appettites :)


I mostly go with my gut while making salads so there are no precise amounts of each ingredient. Feel free to add more fruits, cheese or anything else, you simply can't make it wrong! 


Makes 1 hearty serving:

- 2 donut peaches
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar + 1 tbsp honey
- handful of baby spinach
- 1 tbsp olive oil + few tsp pomegranate juice 
- 1/4 cup of soft goat cheese, crumbled
- 2 tbsp pine nuts, toasted 
- salt and pepper to taste

+ fresh berries for topping (optional)


1. Preheat the oven to 200C (400F). 

2. Cut the peaches into slices and place them on a baking tray. Mix the balsamic vinegar with honey and drizzle everything over the peaches. Bake for 25 minutes until slightly caramelised. 

3. Put the spinach leaves on a plate, then coat them in olive oil and pomegranate dressing. Top with cheese crumbs, peaches and pine nuts. Season to taste. 





BON APPÉTIT !

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram